What is Google Local Search?
Author: Liron Avrahami
We all know that when we search anything on google with a local intent such as 'Chinese food in Chicago', google will display all the relevant results based on the location that we provided, in this case, all the Chinese restaurants located in Chicago. However, if we don't provide a location, how can a search without a local intent such as, 'Expert pediatrician', obtain local results if it does not contain any local characteristics in it?
Based on the fact that Google is able to locate the search location in of the user when he performed the search, it will show him an expert pediatrician within his current location, even if he only searched “expert pediatrician” without a specific location (for example, in New York).
Well, from the moment of birth of smartphones, Google can know for sure where each user is located using GPS cellular network surfing, WIFI, search history, IP addresses and other parameters on which the search relies on the results.
Business search on Google maps
interesting facts about local search
- Half of the consumers who searched locally on their visited the business within a day (compared to 34% who searched on a computer / tablet).
- 18% of the smartphone's local searches are sold within one day.
- 87% of smartphones use a search engine at least once a day.
- 60% use smartphones and tablets to search for information about local products and services.
- 50% of mobile users search for business information (such as an address).
- 71% are looking for a business location before they reach it for the first time.
- 68% of searchers clicked 'Directions' or 'Click to dial' on the mobile ad.
- A third of searches on mobile are done a little before visiting the business itself.
- 89% are looking for a local business on mobile at least once a week. 58% are searching daily.
- 46% of all Google searches are local.
- 86% are looking for business location in Google Maps.
- 76% of local searches lead to a phone call.
How will Ioshka Media - an advertising company- make sure your business is promoted in local searches?
We will do so by promoting your business locally in 2 major ways:
Local promotion on Google Maps - Setting up and validating a Google business profile on Google My Business.
Promoting organic results in Google - involves optimization and production of content on the business website, and in the relevant local contexts.
A business that operates anywhere can not afford to ignore the local searches done through Google. Local search on google allows the potential customer to get the information that they need quickly and efficiently. Whether it is finding out the hours of operation, the phone number or the location of the business, it is right in front of their eyes thanks to Google My Business.
If you are interested in our services, contact one of our representatives online and we will be happy to assist you.